Monday, May 10, 2010

Radio Film Review





MEDIA & FILM DEPARTMENT
Dr. Londino
Darin Schenck
May 10, 2010
Radio News Story
I am Darin Schenck, your KU Critic, and today I will be giving you my review of the superhero comedy, Kick-Ass, starring Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, and Nicholas Cage.  Kick-Ass tells the story of your average everyday teenager, Dave Lizewski, who just decides on a whim to become a superhero.  After a few not-so-heroic outings, he realizes that being a superhero is harder than it looks.  But one random encounter defending a helpless citizen gets caught on tape and then becomes a YouTube sensation, and all of a sudden he’s a real hero.  But as his actions begin to interfere with a local crime boss who wants to make an example out of him, then he realizes that he might be in over his head.  
It’s unfortunate that superhero comedies aren’t really a popular genre because this absolutely a a great movie; I laughed from beginning to end, and the action was amazing.  It does a good job of making funny references to more popular superheroes that we all know of while at the same time establishing itself as its own kind of superhero.
Well, to sum up my review, I’d call Kick-Ass one of the best superhero comedies ever.  I give this movie an A, so you should go see it right now.  My name is Darin Schenck, your KU Critic, and I’ll see you next time.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment